The 1911 R1 Carry is Remingtons take on the classic M1911 and de-horned for everyday carry. This semi-automatic handgun is built on a forged carbon steel frame and slide with a match-grade stainless steel barrel and adjustable skeletonized aluminum trigger with a crisp clean pull. Features include Novak sights with tritium front an enhanced hammer a lowered and flared ejection port and a beavertail grip safety. Chambered in 45 ACP the 1911 R1 Carry is available in a number of variants all with different options.
Caliber .45 ACP – Capacity 7rds – Barrel 4.25 – Sights Novak Sights with Tritium Front Sight – Action SA – Frame Satin Black Oxide Carbon Steel – Slide Satin Black Oxide Carbon Steel – Grips Cocobolo – Length 8.5 – Height 5.5 – Weight 38.5 oz – Additional Features – De-horned frame and slide – Beavertail grip safety with checkered memory bump (25 LPI) – Checkered front strap and mainspring housing (25 LPI) – Ambidextrous safety – Enhanced safety – Flared and lowered ejection port – Aluminum trigger – (2) 7rd mags
|Barrel Length||4.3 BARREL|
The Remington Model 95 is a double-barrel pocket pistol commonly recognized as a deringer. The design was little changed during a production run of nearly 70 years through several financial reorganizations of the manufacturer causing repeating serial number sequences. Guns were offered with engraving or plain blued or nickel-plated finish with grips of metal, walnut, rosewood, hard rubber, ivory or pearl.
The Remington Double Derringer was made from 1866 to 1935. Production prior to 1869 had no extractors. The first 100 Double Derringers have “Manufactured by E. REMINGTON & SONS, ILION, N.Y.” stamped on the right side of the barrel and “ELLIOT’S PATENT DEC. 12, 1865” stamped on the left side of the barrel. (This refers to firearms inventor William H. Elliot’s U.S. Patent 51,440, “Improvement in Many-Barreled Fire-Arms”, which describes the key features of the original design in some detail.) After the first 100, the “manufactured by” was no longer stamped between the barrels. There are a few DDs with the marking, “Remington’s Ilion NY USA” but there is no known reason for this marking. About serial 1600, an extractor was installed on the left side, between the barrels. After about serial 2400, the marking was put on the top of the barrels in two lines. “E. REMINGTON & SONS, ILION, N.Y.; ELLIOT’S PATENT DEC. 12th 1865.” This is the Second Model, and is called the “Two Line,” by collectors. The barrel rib top inscription changed to “REMINGTON ARMS CO. ILION N.Y.” in 1888, this is the Third Model. In 1911 the marking was changed to, “REMINGTON ARMS – U.M.C. CO. ILION, N.Y.” In 1921, Remington adapted a number system for every model. At this time the Double Derringer became the Model 95.